She's adventurous, with the strongest desire to do and be important. She fights fear and frustration EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. She always has. When I'm with her I feel her deep deep desire to do big, hard, brave things. I feel her love for people. I also feel the fight that is inside her to do these things. She fights against her fear and anxiety. This often comes out as frustration and anger. I understand her. I see her disappointment at rejection and how hard she struggles to internalize and cope. She desperately wants to be loved and to be part and also to fulfill her own greatest desires and ideas and not be stifled by her places as youngest child. Also, she had a snaggle-tooth. We tried to find any way to get her to pull it. She just couldn't trust us. So we waited. And it happened. She lost it brushing her teeth. It bled, she was SO excited. And that, is the moral of this story. She will have to fight the battles I so want to smooth over for her. She will have to find her br...
Samuel is playing ultimate Frisbee! Eli turned 22! We supplied the entire BYU study program with Kunafa to celebrate. Eli's getting to meet lots of people and eat with them. Lucca is having mission-wide meetings. And food that makes him smile. And Eli is dressing up which isn't his favorite.
A lovely invitation to pretend it's not 100+ degrees outside on our last free day before a 4 day, 24 hr lockdown for the Eid holiday. Elise is going to grow up and be an ice skater after today. I was pretty nervous that her efforts to twirl and glide on 1 foot were going to send us to urgent care but she can't believe that twirling isn't the first step in learning to skate. Alena on the other hand, had no desire to end up in urgent care for a broken wrist again. I was done with adventures today but Matt and company got out of work early and wanted a quick trip to the beach before lockdown so I couldn't resist. I didn't take a lot of pictures because the water was just that perfect blend of warm and cool. I need to start being besties with the GoPro. The building in the background is actually the US Embassy. Matt had a 3:30 meeting with HQ even though everyone had gone home so he slipped back in for that and joined us again when it was over!
Comments
Post a Comment